Friday, August 7, 2026

Yes, I do remember my mother.

People all around shout,
That's like a clout
To my heart it sounds 
"Don't you remember your mother?"
Yes i do remember my mother.

Yes i do remember her smile,
The laughter, that embrace 
How can I forget the love, the grace, 
Her words so chaste.
Yes, i do remember my mother.

Yes i do remember her efforts 
To make me who I am today,
Her sleepless nights 
Her unwarranted fights to make
Our future secure.
Yes, i do remember my mother.

Yes i do remember her face,
The bright eyes when
We entered the house,
The glow, no grouse
Keeping us secure when 
back from the school house.
Yes i do remember my mother.

Yes i do remember the events 
Of my bad behaviour,
She used to sit and make
my judgement uncloud,
Her words, impact so deep
That I still can hear her voice so clear 
Yes, i do remember my mother.

Yes i do remember the day 
When I first saw her dance 
To the tune that I can't ever forget.
That day of my marriage 
As if she was in another universe 
Not a care of the world's words,
Yes, i do remember my mother.

Yes i do remember her care,
Her stare when we skipped our meals,
Her love that make our world glow,
Her lessons that make our bond strong,
But they say, 
"Don't you remember your mother?"
Yea I do remember my mother.

Yes i do remember my mother 
When she was in the hospital 
I didn't have anything to give her
But her words that she told me
Not to cry, if she die, other will feel you are weak,
Don't show them a single drop,
"Mom, see i didn't cry,
Yes i won't let them bother."

And Yes i do remember my mother.


Yes i do remembe the day that came,
My wife, my sister and I they blame,
Yes i was torn, in the shame.
But my mother told, it's just a game,
Let them talk, Let them blame,
Let them walk, let them claim,
But never to lose the love of flame.

The flame of love that she begun,
Will keep on going with my son,
When he asks about his grandmother
I will show him the portrait,
Then I'll say
"Yes i do remember my mother.
Yes i do remember my mother."

No comments:

Post a Comment