Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Delhi to London (Part 2)

A week had already elapsed and I hadn't seen her in or near the campus, I don't know why I had an urge to see her. I wanted to meet her and talk to her. 
A week later when I was walking towards the gate of  the college, just outside on the opposite side of the road, I got a glimpse of her just around the corner of my eye, she was there with some girls.
Should I go there or not, as I was thinking she called out my name loudly, "******, here", and she started to walk towards me. I felt a bit anxious.
She came near and embraced me, my heart started to pound really loud, I could sense the feeling in my chest, she smiled and asked me if I would like to have coffee with her.
Without waiting for my answer she held my hand and took me to the nearby shop, and ordered me a latte.
We sat there and she again started to talk, but this time about the whole week, How she wanted to talk to someone, especially in hindi. I asked her if she was well. She told me the first day was a really bad one as she couldn't understand the accent of the teachers and most of the class fellows didn't talk to her. Later on she accepted that nobody is going to be her friend sat in the classes just to study. But later one afternoon some girls came to her and talked to her. Her Overall experience was fine.
I told her about what my cousin's comments were when she saw us at the airport. She blushed a little bit smiled, i didn't know what that meant so i changed the subject to the coffee. But I must say that I too blushed a little.
I asked her how she knew that I liked latte, she told me I looked like a boy who likes latte. 
We laughed at this comment of her.
She then asked me for my contact information and we exchanged our numbers.
I didn't understand this, mostly I had heard that these kinds of things like, holding hands, asking for coffee, asking for contact information, Is asked by boys.
I never did these things, as I felt somewhat afraid to do so, instead everything that was initiated was from her.
That evening We talked alot. I felt I was no more a stranger to her, nor was she a stranger to me.
For more than an hour we talked had supper together and I dropped her to her hostel.
And I booked a cab to my home.

As soon as I entered, Shweta asked me if I met her. I don't know how, but she knew about our meet. I tried to divert the topic and asked her what was for the dinner, she patted on my back and said "Beta, Teri shakal sab bata rhi hai, topic change mat ker"( Son, your face tells the whole story, don't try to divert). 
I asked her if I can go to my room, change and rest for a bit  after that we can talk around our dinner.

We sat at the dinner table, and I told her what had happened. She said that either the girl is quite foolish or she is completely into me. Looking at my face she told me that I too have feelings for her. To this i completely denied.
After the dinner I went to my room and saw my phone there lying, it had 2 messages from her. A simple 'Hi' and 'Hello'.
These messages were sent to me half an hour prior to now.
I replied with hello.
*Clink* there was a message from her.
" What are you doing?"
"Nothing, just had dinner with Didi. You?"
"Came back from the mess. I hate the food that they provide. Can I call you?"
"Sure" I said.
Within a few minutes my phone rang.
She asked me what I had for dinner, "chicken" I replied.
"Chicken curry, or butter chicken", she asked.
"Chicken curry prepared by didi", i replied.
She told me that she already miss the Indian food, specially the chapati and daal.
I wanted to invite her to dinner but I couldn't ask her before asking my didi first. I think she also expected me to invite her to dinner or lunch, I could sense that in her voice.
We talked about this and that for more than an hour and then there was a knock on my door. I told her to keep on hold, and went to open the door.
Didi stood there smiling, asking me if I was talking to the same girl. I lied to her that I was talking to no one.
She, smiling, told me she could listen to my conversation clearly in the other room, even jiju asked about me and my friend, I was talking to.

I let my sister into the room and picked up the phone.
She had already disconnected the call. Had she listened to the conversation between me and my didi?
Didi told me that I need to concentrate on my studies first and then on other things.
She even asked me to bring my friend home this coming Sunday to have lunch and dinner.
I reluctantly accepted, but I told her that she might not come, as she may have listened to our conversation.
Didi told me to invite her, and went away to her room.

That night I messaged Nikita "Good night". But there was no response from her side.
I felt.. ugh...! I don't know how I felt that night. I couldn't sleep for some time. And when I slept i woke up late in the morning. As soon as I saw the time, i ran for the college as I didn't have much time left for the college.
I asked didi to drop me there as cab would take much time, and I would miss my first lecture.
Fortunately, I was there in time and was able to attend all my lectures. I was too busy with the classes that I completely forgot about Nikita.
After the last lecture when I came out, i searched for my phone.
Shit! I had forgotten my phone at home in the morning while it was on charging.
How would I go back, i thought, i mostly booked cabs to my home. 
I asked one of my classmates to book a cab for me.
When I reached home i ran to my room and saw the phone there.
There was some missed calls, and some messages, and  messages from Nikita.
1st "Good morning", 
Then, "How are you today?"
" What happened why are you not replying, quite busy it seems"
One more 
"Did your didi say something to you last night?"
And at last in the evening just before my arrival.
"Good night"
I didn't know what to do, so I called her. But she didn't pick up.
So I messaged her the whole situation.
That I left my phone at home, so on and so forth..

That evening I kept my phone in my pocket and didn't leave it in my room expecting a message from her.

But she didn't reply till 10 pm.
I hoped that she would see the messages and reply soon but nothing.

(Part 3 coming soon...)

1 comment:

  1. Ye tho web series ki tarah interesting hot ja Raha he.

    ReplyDelete