Thursday, October 5, 2023

Delhi to London (Part 4)

 Sunday. 
As my father called the day "Funday".
I woke up with a smile on my face, freshen up and went downstairs, didi was in the kitchen preparing breakfast. She asked me if Nikita is coming today for lunch. I told her she promised that she would be here.
Didi then asked me what should we prepare for the lunch and dinner. I told her she is coming for the lunch and i wasn't sure she would stay for the dinner.
The bell rang, but it was only 9 am, did she come already? 
I ran to open the gate but there was jiju who had gone to the grocery store to buy some fresh green veggies.
He came in and went straight to the kitchen to help didi.
Let me tell you something about jiju. He talks rarely, and when he does it's to-the-point. He seems to be really strict, but he is really good at heart. 
This was the first time I was watching didi and jiju working together in the kitchen, I asked both if they do this every Sunday or just occasionally, didi smiled and jiju in his serious tone "Occasionally".
"What's the occasion today?", I asked realising the stupidity of the question. They were preparing lunch for Nikita.  But they said nothing.

I asked what they were planning to prepare.
Jiju in an instant replied, "Chicken."

Didi asked me what time Nikita would be here, I should ask her.
I went to my room, picked up my phone and saw Nikita's messages,
"Hey, good morning, wanted to ask you if you are coming to pick me up at my hostel or should I come there by myself?"
" Hey again, I am a bit anxious, and a bit afraid. Should I come or not."
"Hey, if you aren't coming to pick me up, tell me your address I need to book a cab to your place then."
Reading her last message I realised that I hadn't shared my address with her. It's the hight of my stupidity, that I invite a guest on lunch but don't tell her the place where she should come.
Now, it was already 11am, if I go there to pick her up it would take approx 30 - 45 min, and i had to book a cab. Then the same time to come back.
I went down and asked didi what should I do.
Didi and jiju laughed and told me to ask her to book a cab to our place. "Just send her the address." Didi said.
I send a message to her telling her to book a cab to our home with the address and location attached with the message.
She promptly replied, that she would be here by 12.
I told both that she would be here by 12.
After the preparation was done both sat me down on sofa and asked me if I was dating her.
I told them that she is just a friend who i talk to.
Didi said, " We are just confirming, did you go on a date yet?"
I didn't have the answer to this question.
We had only met thrice, one on a plane, second after a week and third recently, can these be called Dates. I don't think so. For me a date should be a well planned one. Where both talks and happy with each other. Realising, on these 3 occasion, last one was planned but not the other two. So, was the last one a Date then or not?
But I hadn't asked her out specifying that it would be a Date, so that must not be a date. Was it?
As I was thinking, jiju said something to didi and they both laughed, but they didn't tell me what he said.
I told them, " No, we were not dating, just casual meet, that's all."
Didi said, "If you want, today can be your first official date. Now go and wear something good, don't be such lazy."
I told her, " You asked me to invite her, because you wanted to meet her, how can I call it my Date, and if I go on a Date, why would it be with you two."
Didi smiled and said, " It means you wanna take her on a Date, Right."
She continued, "what you can do is, after the lunch take her on a drive. You can also take her to Primrose hill. But you should be back by 8 for dinner."
So this was her plan, fixing a date for me, with a girl I just met. But I liked Didi's idea of taking her somewhere. 
But I said, " It won't be a date, I haven't asked her."
She said you can ask her today after lunch.
I went upstairs to my room to change, thinking what crazy cousins I have.
By the time I came down it was already 12:15 and I called Nikita, 
"Hey, kahan reh gaye?" (Hey, where are you now)
"Paying the cabbie, now at your door steps."
As soon as I reached the door to open, she had rung the bell.

Part 5.. coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment