Friday, October 6, 2023

Delhi to London (Part 5)

I was stunned, as I opened the door, Nikita looked like an angel, in beautiful white Indian attire. I couldn't utter a single word, couldn't move, I was dumbfounded.
"Won't you ask your friend to come inside", didi asked.
I smiled and asked her to come in. 
She came in and met didi and jiju. She said nothing but smiled.
We sat in the drawing room, for a few minutes no-one said anything, it felt a bit awkward.
I had never known my didi and Nikita not to speak at all. 
Didi said,"Would you like to have coffee or tea."
"I can have tea.", Nikita replied.
Didi went inside, and feeling awkwardness jiju went after her.
Nikita and I were alone in the drawing room. She didn't speak a word. Then I asked, "how's you?"
She replied," I am fine."
Then silence again. 
Why is this girl who talks so much right now being silent, she was just smiling and her looked nervous. Her leg kept on stroking, she  played with her nails quite often, she just looked down.
While I was looking at her, I asked what's the matter what is she like this.
She said, " Didi se Darr lag rha hai"
I told her" Didi se darne ki baat nahi hain, aur wese bhi we are just friends."
"Still yaar!", she said.
Didi entered the room with tray in her hands. She sat down beside Nikita, and told her not to be nervous, 
"My brother's friend is my friend, please have some tea.'
We picked up the cups and started to drink, it was hot, i burnt my tongue.
"What happened?", she asked, while my sister watched our reaction.
"What have you seen in London, did you go on any sight seeing", asked didi.
" No didi, not yet, I had been to a dinner party with my friends last week at a nearby restaurant, apart from that I haven't been to any other place."
"You both can go today, you can take my car and go out, but after lunch." said didi.
I was just looking at both of them, even jiju was having the same expression as I had. We were both confused.
Nikita agreed but on a condition that didi and jiju should also join us.
Didi told her that she have some urgent work and won't be able to join us and we should go, looking at jiju, jiju agreed.
Was jiju afraid of didi i thought.
After some conversation we went to the dining table.
At the table didi served us some chapathi and chicken, there she had also prepared some biryani along with salad.
Nikita asked, "How did you know that I like Biryani, I haven't told this to him."
"I hope that you like the dish, please start."
As soon as we started, old Nikita was back.
"Di, i Haven't had such a nice chicken before, and i craved for the chapathi, you know how it is here that they don't serve Indian food in our mess. The biryani is from heaven it seems, thanks didi for preparing such delicious lunch for me."
Didi smiled and said nothing.
Jiju suddenly said, "Ye chicken biryani Maine banayi hai." (The biryani is prepared by me)
Everyone started to laugh at jiju's comment.
With every bite she took, she praised didi and jiju's cooking skills.
After we were filled, didi gave me the keys of her car and asked me to take Nikita as planned before.
Nikita asked didi again if she could also join us.
"We will go with you both some other time, you guys enjoy and be back before dinner." 
Nikita again thanked didi and jiju for the wonderful lunch and a much wonderful time she had with them.
We both went to the car and started to drive off.

Part 6....
Coming soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment